Tips for Extension Filers

For taxpayers who have not filed:

  • Taxpayers can still e-file returns
  • For taxpayers owed a refund, get it direct deposited
  • Taxpayers who owe taxes should consider using IRS Direct Pay, using a computer or mobile device
  • Members of the military and those serving in a combat zone generally get more time to file. Military members typically have until at least 180 days after leaving a combat zone to both file returns and pay any tax due.