Tax season can be a stressful season for some people. Taxpayers can keep these tips in mind. Following them will help get this year’s taxes done accurately and on time.
- Gather records: Good record keeping ensures nothing gets overlooked. Records can provide proof of expenses and deductions
- File electronically- Most taxpayers file electronically for ease and convenience. For taxpayers that file paper returns this may be the year to consider the benefits of filing electronically.
- Choose direct deposit: The fastest and safest way to a refund is to file electronically and choose direct deposit. Most refunds are issued in less than 21 days.
- Report all income: Taxpayers must report all their income from Forms W-2, Wage and Tax Statements and Forms 1099. Other income may be reportable as well, even if the taxpayer does not receive a statement.
- Avoid: Filing electronically is the most accurate way to eliminate many common errors.